Tuesday, August 23

What You Never Knew…An Interview with Sid Tuchman















by Susan Gabovitch
Sid Tuchman is everything I hope to be when I am in my 80s...funny, smart, kind, generous and very active. Sid’s family began Tuchman Cleaners in the 1920s. Once Sid joined the business, he grew it to 35 stores. In the 1970s, he co-founded Apparelmaster, a successful uniform rental company. Not content to slow down, he today serves as a consultant and management group facilitator to help organizations exceed customer expectations by developing a culture that retains and nurtures the best in employees.
Sid was recently selected by the Drycleaning and Laundry Institute for its highest honor, the Diamond Achievement Award. The Institute found that few people have contributed to the strength of the industry on the level of Sid.
Did I mention that before beginning his business career he lived and worked in Hollywood as an actor and that he even performed at the Pasadena Playhouse?
Sid’s successes are not just professional. He has been married to his wife, Charlene, since 1956. While they became engaged only one week after meeting, he tells me that his heart still beats quickly when he sees her walk into a room. They have 3 children and 7 grandchildren, all of whom live in San Francisco. Sid and Charlene live in San Francisco half of each year to be near all of them.
Truth be told, Sid Tuchman is not just my role model for my 80s. He is my role model for today as well.
Until next time…

More About Susan Gabovitch

No comments:

Post a Comment