Tuesday, July 31

This Week in Jeruselum














by Robin Clare
At the end of every Passover Seder, our last declaration is “Next Year in Jerusalem.” The Jewish people anxiously await the coming of Moshiach, or the Messiah, to take them to the Promised Land.
I discovered over a period of 10 years that we are each the Messiah of our own lives – and that the Promised Land that we have come to desire is our own internal connection with Hashem, or the Divine.  This “place” of knowing in our heart center that we are one with Hashem, is indeed the Promised Land that we have sought over thousands of years (this is also the topic of my first book, Messiah Within!)
The most consistent comment I have heard from people when they hear my story or read my book is that I must have had a lot of courage to come to this conclusion. How could I be this bold author willing to stand out in the Jewish world and reinterpret the teachings of the Torah…and yet be afraid to go to Israel?   
I think that there are three categories to describe the way that people feel about going to Israel: the first group are excited to go, the second group feels obligated to go and the third group are afraid to go. 
I fell into the third category.
It was not until I began to live my own teachings that I found the courage and obligation to go to Israel. In living the process of becoming my own Messiah Within, I discovered that I am divinely guided every moment of every day. Therefore, if I was being called to go to Israel, then who I am to say “No”? 
My concern about traveling to Israel was fueled by the media coverage of the Middle East and gentle admonitions by my mother. Yet friend after friend has told me that they never felt safer than when they were in Israel.
Neither of my parents traveled to Israel. My dad did not go because his life was cut short due to illness; my mom has not because she is too afraid. Each time I speak to my mom, she tries to tell me that I can always cancel, even if I am leaving tomorrow!  
But if I am truly living my own philosophy, then I have nothing to fear – because when I am truly living in the present moment, then all is perfect just the way it is.  
 In my life, there is no longer a “worst that can happen” because all experiences serve to bring us closer to Hashem when we understand the gift of the experience. I am now very excited about experiencing Israel with my son, both for the first time.
My husband will drop us at the airport, and I will continue my blog post when I return on August 12.  It will be extraordinary to discover what the Divine has in store for us in Israel. I look forward to sharing with you what I find.
As I step onto the plane tomorrow, I will remember one of my favorite quotes from Oprah Winfrey:
“The true meaning of courage is to be afraid, and then, with your knees knocking and your heart racing, to step out anyway—even when that step makes sense to nobody but you. I know that’s not easy. But making a bold move is the only way to truly advance toward the grandest vision the universe has for you.”
Shalom for now!

Guest blogger Robin Clare, author of Messiah Within, is the co-founder of two spiritual organizations: Enlightened Professionals and The ATMA Center. Over a 10-year period, Robin has been on a journey of self-discovery to allow her life’s purpose to fully manifest in service to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment