Thursday, July 5

Our JCC's Got Talent

by Lisa Freeman
 
Oftentimes while on the treadmill or the track, I wonder what the person next to me does in his or her free time in addition to working out.   

Exercising our bodies and minds provides a great outlet to release the stress of work or school. Each of us has different outlets to express our creativity. I enjoy the medium of food to express my creativity: I love to prepare new foods for my family and friends. Some of us like to express through words and writing, such as through short stories, poetry or journaling. Others enjoy using dance and creative movement to reduce and remove stress from their lives.
 
I’ve been very fortunate over the past few weeks to enjoy the visual creativity of our JCC members and staff. We are hosting an art exhibit featuring the wide array of talent within our JCC community. Mediums range from oil painting to jewelry design and from quilting to woodworking, just to name a few. 
I hope you'll join us on Wed., July 11 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm during our “JCC’s Got Talent” art gallery reception. Stop by and enjoy light refreshments and wonderful artwork in the JCC Art Gallery and meet our member artists. If you are unable to make it to the reception, stop by after work or your work out or after picking up the kids – there’s something for everyone! The exhibit is up until August 31. 
More about Lisa Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment