EXERCISE OF THE MONTH: Hip swings
How to do it:
Front to back
- Brace yourself on something sturdy with one hand.
- Kick one leg forward and back, increasing in height so you feel a hamstring and hip flexor stretch.
- Repeat 10-15 times for each leg.
Side to side
- Brace yourself on something sturdy with both hands.
- Kick one leg side to side in front of your body, increasing in height so you feel a stretch in the inner and outer thigh.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
Caution: Do not overstretch your hips and legs! Keep the stretches within a pain-free range of motion. Contact a Fitness Professional to get advice on your specific needs and avoid injury.
Front to back – hamstrings & hip flexors
Side to side – inner and outer thigh
Benefits: Dynamic flexibility