by JCC Association and One Club
The glutes (your butt muscles) are one of the body's strongest muscle groups and include your body's largest muscle: the gluteus maximus.
Making the glutes a focus of your workout can help burn big calories, and that's why everyone can benefit from adding lunges, which target the glutes, to their regular routine.
EXERCISE OF THE MONTH: Rear Lunge to High Knee
How to do it:
- Stand with your right foot placed firmly on a step/bench, knee bent.
- Stretch your left leg back into a lunge position
- Lift your arms straight overhead
- In one motion, pull your left knee up and your arms down, contracting your core.
- Reach your left foot back behind you into the lunge and raise your arms back up overhead
Primary Movers: Glutes, Quads, Core