Thursday, June 23

Fab at 40















by Kelly Young
I just took a tour and have officially joined the JCC (I took advantage of their summer membership deal). I had no idea the JCC has so much to offer! I was a guest a while ago and worked out with a friend, but WOW! After looking through the summer Update I’m so excited about “everything JCC” that I’m not quite sure where to start.  
First, about me…I’m training for a half-ironman, so my fitness routine includes swimming, biking and runningand not much else (yet). I’m a healthy-eater wanna-be and count on smoothies to get in my 5 veggies a day. I work at being a good role model for my kids and hope that our family walks are a start to healthy habits for my 8- and 4-year-old. And, I just turned 40, so I am counting on the JCC to help me achieve my mantra of “Fab at 40.”
About my blog…I plan to use this space to share what I discover at the JCC and to share publicly how the things I am doing at the JCC are helping me be “Fab at 40"whether that’s through fitness classes or getting outside of my comfort zone and trying new things. As a new member, I hope I can meet other members (even if just virtually through this blog) who can help introduce me to everything awesome at the JCC. Sure, the Update tells me a lot, but I’d love to hear from you, too.
So, back to what’s exciting me most right now about the JCC:
  1. Hot stone massages.
  2. The Kids Triathlon on June 26I’m hopeful I can encourage my kids to “tri” it.
  3. Tandem Skydivingtalk about getting out of my comfort zone! I just may consider doing this on July 10, if I can find someone to join me.
  4. Saturdays at the JCC - fitness boot camp and yoga classes (hot yoga class is something I really want to try).
  5. The Eskenazi outdoor water park and summer fun with my kids.
So, what excites you? How do you use the JCC?
More about Kelly Young



No comments:

Post a Comment